Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
Braces and Invisalign trays work great for some patients, but traditional orthodontic treatments can take several months or even years to complete. If you are looking for quicker results, porcelain veneers, also known as “instant orthodontics,” are a great option.
Dr. Stephen Malki offers porcelain veneers at our New Jersey dental office. Once your new porcelain shells have been placed, you can immediately enjoy the benefits of instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers Compared to Braces and Invisalign?
Even one misshaped, jutted, twisted, or tooth can affect the appearance of your smile. During your initial consultation with Dr. Malki, the shape, color, and alignment of your teeth will be carefully examined. If veneers can improve the appearance of your smile, they offer the following benefits compared to braces and clear aligner trays:
- Shorter treatment timeline: Braces and Invisalign treatment may take one, two, or more years. Porcelain veneers require just two visits to our New Jersey office. The entire process can be completed in as few as two weeks.
- Lower cost: The cost of your veneer treatment will vary depending on the number of porcelain shells that are placed. If you require only one or two veneers, the cost may be lower than orthodontic treatments.
- Improved luster: Braces and Invisalign do not alter the surface of your teeth, meaning those treatments cannot address problems with the color or shape of the teeth. Porcelain veneers cover the surface of teeth. The material can be matched to your natural teeth or adjusted to give you an even whiter and brighter smile.
- No discomfort: Both metal braces and clear aligner trays use pressure to move your teeth into better alignment. This process can leave your teeth sore for periods of time. Porcelain veneers do not require that your teeth be moved, meaning you can avoid this uncomfortable period of treatment.
- No awkward smiles: Metal braces may be cute on freckled kids, but adults are often self-conscious when wearing them. Even clear aligners can be noticeable up close. Porcelain veneers allow you to avoid having to use attachments or plastic trays to improve the appearance of your smile.
- No dietary restrictions or maintenance: Metal braces come with strict dietary restrictions and cleaning guidelines. Invisalign is more forgiving, but the clear trays must also be cleaned daily.
Am I a Candidate?
Most patients who seek porcelain veneers are good candidates for the cosmetic treatment. During your consultation, Dr. Malki will determine if you have enough enamel to support the porcelain shells. Patients should be in good oral and overall health. Veneers are an effective treatment to address discolored, chipped, cracked, gapped, or misshapen teeth.
Contact Our Office Today
If you have crooked or gapped teeth and do not want to wait two years for orthodontic treatment, porcelain veneers offer an effective treatment to address cosmetic blemishes with your teeth. To schedule your porcelain veneers consultation, contact our office online or call us in New Jersey at (201) 646-0800.